Proud of Our Tradition
In association with the Great Plains Conference of the United Methodist Church, Aldersgate Village welcomes people of all denominations and faith backgrounds. Aldersgate fulfills the conference’s mission to assist older adults through a faith-based community with high-quality, maintenance-free living.
Care for the Spirit
Medical professionals and social researchers agree that spirituality and religious practice support good mental and physical health among aging adults – a finding that infuses all we do at Aldersgate Village.
In keeping with our long standing commitment to ecumenical community building, Aldersgate is home to residents of many faiths, all of who are welcomed to worship in their own faith tradition as they have all their lives. In addition they are welcomed to worship at any of the worship services led on-site each week by our chaplain, an ordained minister of the United Methodist Church.
Aldersgate offers many opportunities to grow in faith:
- Ten worship services each week
- Catholic Mass services monthly
- Celebration of communion quarterly
- Bible study group
- Grief counseling
- Faith-based social services counseling
- Pastoral visits - prayer, counseling and guidance to residents, residents’ families and staff.
- Clergy from other Christian denominations are welcome and encouraged to hold religious services and provide pastoral care to their faithful.
Additionally, should the need arise, our Chaplain may assist with:
- Conducting funeral/memorial services upon request of residents or their families.
- Cooperating with hospice organizations to provide coordinated hospice care.
Our minister is pleased to be available to churches and pastors as a resource regarding issues of spirituality and aging.
Weekly Schedule of Worship for Aldersgate Neighborhoods:
2 p.m. Trent & Trent Memory
4 p.m. Manchester/Hill
10:30 a.m. Elmhurst
11 a.m. Eastminster
11:30 a.m. York
10 a.m. Westminster & Recovery
10:30 a.m. Mulvane & Norwich
11:00 a.m. Lincoln
Compassionate, ecumenical pastoral care creates a community where the dignity of love and respect is shared by all. That’s how we live at Aldersgate.
"And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’” – Matthew 25:40